turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do i input the USCG/PHS/NOAA RETIREE/ANNUITANT statement of monthly income, retire pay?

Its from department of homeland security and its not labeled with a form number like a 1099.
Its a statement
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Where do i input the USCG/PHS/NOAA RETIREE/ANNUITANT statement of monthly income, retire pay?

Probably nowhere (Just save it in a file folder at home for reference)....that sounds to me like it's just a monthly statement showing you what your pension amount was for the one month, and whatever deductions or tax withholding amounts were taken from it before  they sent you your monthly pension..  That just keeps you up-to-date on where you monthly pension income is going and what parts aren't getting into your pocket for various reasons.

Yep...just a monthly statement that doesn't go on your tax return.  See pages 3&4 here:

https://www.dcms.uscg.mil/Portals/10/CG-1/retiree/docs/Newsletter/RETNewsOct19.pdf?ver=2019-10-17-13...

At the end of each year, you will get a year's total on a 1099-R or a CSA-1099-R....and it is that form that you will need to enter into that year's tax return.  If you received any $$ from that pension during 2019, you should already have a form 1099-R or CSA-1099-R from the US Govt to enter in your 2019 tax return.   Make sure you get, and save that tax form every year, usually sent out by mail in January, and should receive it by the 1st or second week in February.  (unless they have  a paperless option where you log into an online account to get it).

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies