Solved: Where do I enter retirement income from Canada? (NR4)

Where do I enter retirement income from Canada? (NR4)

To enter the NR4, treat it as if it is a SSA-1099 and enter it in the Retirement Plans and Social Security section, under ‘Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)’.

Then, go to the Deductions and Credits section and select Foreign Taxes under ‘Estimates and Other Taxes Paid’ to enter any foreign tax you already paid to Canada on that income.

For more information specific to the US/Canadian tax treaty, please see this link:  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p597.pd

When trying to enter the foreign tax, TT wants me to fill in form 1116. Perhaps I am not choosing values correctly (I selected re-source), but net result is 0 credit, some questions about AMT, just a future carryover. Does this make sense?

I would not report NR4 as SSA-1099 because of calculations that limited amount of SS income reported versus received.

The link does not work