turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I enter 1099-B Box 1g information? One answer in the community, but it seems wrong. There is no place to enter additional information. How can I enter this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Where can I enter 1099-B Box 1g information? One answer in the community, but it seems wrong. There is no place to enter additional information. How can I enter this?

In TurboTax Premier, on the screen where you enter the basic information about the sale, enter all the information, then click the button that says "I'll enter additional info on my own." You might have to scroll down a little to see the button. That takes you to a screen that has additional boxes, including box 1g.

Actually, in my case (TurboTax Premier), there is no place that says "I'll enter additional info on my own." for 1099-B. That is something I was looking for, since some other forms has it.

Anyway, I was able to do it by selecting "I need to adjust my total cost basis", entering the amount from box 1g and selecting "W (nondeductible loss from a wash sale)".

I don't know why mine is different, perhaps because I selected to enter the summery than all transactions. Anyway, I think TurboTax can make it simple by giving the option to enter what is in box 1g on the first page itself.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies