turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I edit the box asking how much of my income occurred between March 23 and Dec 31, 2020? When I ran the review on my taxes, it prompted me to fill in this box.

I thought it was on my 1040, but I don't see it. Is this a special question this year because of covid? It seemed to make quite a difference in my refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Where can I edit the box asking how much of my income occurred between March 23 and Dec 31, 2020? When I ran the review on my taxes, it prompted me to fill in this box.

Yes, this question is because of COVID-19 and is on the Schedule SE Self-Employment Tax if you had self-employment income.

Line 18 on the SE Form is asking for the income that was earned during the period from March 27, 2020 to December 31, 2020.

See the right column on page SE-6 for information. Self Employment IRS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Yes, this question is because of COVID-19 and is on the Schedule SE Self-Employment Tax if you had self-employment income.

Line 18 on the SE Form is asking for the income that was earned during the period from March 27, 2020 to December 31, 2020.

See the right column on page SE-6 for information. Self Employment IRS

tiffanym130
Returning Member

But where can one actually edit this number? It's a number you are asked to manually type during the Review portion. Once you type it, you can't go back. I need to change the number I typed but can't figure out how to edit the actual schedule SE.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

The question is in the personal section to defer the SE based on income during COVID. This allows half of the SE -based on that time period, to be deferred.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies