When will the retirement income area be completed?

I have 2020 Turbo Tax but can't enter my data for retirement income.  When will it be ready?

The IRS is drafting new 1099R forms.  Then the software has to be programmed for them, and the IRS has to test and approve of the software.  It is a complex process because of the all the CARES changes.  It could even be a couple of months.  Meanwhile if you are trying to plan, if you have desktop for 2019 use the what if feature--but it will not have that CARES stuff.

Click on the REVIEW tab to see what form(s) you are waiting for and when it is estimated to be ready (when operational) ... 

IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

·         

State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

I have experienced the same problem, receiving a message that "The Retirement Area Will be Ready Soon". (As recently as this morning, with version 2020.r09.025, update installed 12/19).  A colleague has the same version installed and is able to create/ enter data for 1099-R.  So, it confounds me, why two supposedly identical software builds are acting differently.  (Note: we are both running on Mac computers with Big Sur operating sys

Maybe he is entering his 1099R a different way, like directly entering it into the Forms Mode.  You can switch to Forms to enter it.

VG -

Thanks so much for the quick reply.  Using forms input worked perfectly and answered my question.  I think the flag that popped up advising me to work on other parts of my return ("congratulations ...you're doing great...now go work on something else....") was not very helpful.  It implied that I had no recourse but to wait for some unidentified time for IRS to issue some other documents.  At any rate, forms input was perfect, especially since I imported 2019 data into my return, which established the needed structure.

RBH

P.S.  You were right, that is exactly what he was doing.