turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When i did the earned income tax credit it said the 78 was added to my income tax but it doesn't show on it

it doesn't show the 78 i am getting is it going to be on my income or it credit for next year income

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When i did the earned income tax credit it said the 78 was added to my income tax but it doesn't show on it

When you enter your dependents and your income into your tax return, TT automatically calculates the child tax credit, additional child tax credit, and includes EIC if you qualify for it. So if you qualified for EIC it is already showing in your refund. If you do not understand the amount of EIC you are receiving, please look at the chart for EIC—look for the number of children you claimed and your income, and you will see how much EIC you are supposed to be getting.  

There is a table that starts on page 30 of IRS publication 596 regarding EIC and the amount you can receive for your earned income:

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p596.pdf

The amount of EIC you are receiving can be seen on your tax return:

1040EZ on line 8a

on 1040A line 42a

on 1040 line 66a

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply

When you enter your dependents and your income into your tax return, TT automatically calculates the child tax credit, additional child tax credit, and includes EIC if you qualify for it. So if you qualified for EIC it is already showing in your refund. If you do not understand the amount of EIC you are receiving, please look at the chart for EIC—look for the number of children you claimed and your income, and you will see how much EIC you are supposed to be getting.  

There is a table that starts on page 30 of IRS publication 596 regarding EIC and the amount you can receive for your earned income:

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p596.pdf

The amount of EIC you are receiving can be seen on your tax return:

1040EZ on line 8a

on 1040A line 42a

on 1040 line 66a

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies