pbauermd1

When do I declare my wife's pension income? The program doesn't seem to have a spot for it. Do I report it as miscellaneous income?

Leonard

Your wife should have received a Form 1099-R for her pension income.

To enter this in TurboTax Self-employed on the Income & Expenses tab scroll down to the line Retirement Plans and Social Security then select show more, select IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R) and click on start.

Follow the screen prompts to enter your wife's pension income.

Leonard

KJCM

I still do not see a prompt to enter my wife's 1099 Rs.  It only asked for mine (which I do not have because I am not retired).  Turbo Tax just took me onto the next section instead of asking for my wife's 1099 Rs

You enter all 1099R the same place and way.  After you start entering a 1099R you pick who it is for.

The easiest way to get to the 1099-R entry screen is to simply search for 1099-R (upper- or lower-case, with or without the dash) in your TurboTax program and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.

Enter a 1099R under

Federal Taxes on the left side

Wages & Income at the top

Then scroll way down to Retirement Plans and Social Security,

Then IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099R) - click Start or Revisit

If you are filing a Joint return be sure to pick which person it is for.

1099R Who.PNG

Enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R
On the same screen for selecting the type of Form 1099-R that is being reported are selections for indicating who the form belongs to when filing a joint tax return. See screenshot

Form 1099-R Owner.jpg