turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What version of Turbotax for 2021 do I need if I was retired all year and my wife worked part time?

Both my wife and I collect social security, but I am fully retired and she worked part time, so what version of turbotax can handle those variables?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

What version of Turbotax for 2021 do I need if I was retired all year and my wife worked part time?

You might even be able to use the Free Edition unless you have any other income or complications that we do not know about.  Or in the paid online software you could use Deluxe if you only have W-2 and Social Security income.  If you have investment income or rental income then you would need to upgrade.

If you use the CD/download ANY version of the desktop software can handle the income you mentioned.  Every version of the CD/download has all the forms and schedules.  

Enter W-2's in Federal>Wages & Income

Go to Federal> Wages & Income>>Retirement Plans and Social Security  (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies