Please make verify it's just a plain 1099-R form, and not a CSA- or CSF-1099-R.
Carefully select your option when TurboTax ask who gave you the 1099-R:
- Login to your TurboTax Account
- Click on the Search box on the top and type “1099-R”
- Click on “Jump to 1099-R”
If your Form is a plain 1099-R then please verify the year on the Form. If it states 2020 then the issuer failed to update their forms to the correct 2020 format for those boxes. You might have to contact the issuer to see if they will fix this. If it is a different year then do not enter it in 2020.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Thanks for letting us know it was an Ohio Pub Ret system form...1099-R. (OPERS)
1) First make sure it is labeled as a 2020 1099-R form and not a 2019 form. You can't enter a 2019 form into the 2020 software.
2) .............for 2020, the IRS updated the 1099-R form, and boxes 12,13,14, are now numbered 14,15,16.....so those numbers belong in 14,15,16
IF I were you, and those are labeled as 2020 1099-R forms, I'd call the Ohio System admins and complain or ask if they are going to reissue their forms in the proper 2020 format or not.
You might just go ahead an put the paper form 12,13,14 into the software's 14,15, 16 respectively .... but the Ohio issuer needs to be informed that they screwed up for you, and likely tens-of-thousands of others. AND they will need to make sure they get their reporting to the state and IRS proper too...in the proper fields on whatever forms they send in separately from yours.
Here's a potential Ohio-related problem with 1099-R forms issued by OPERS.