turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If a portion of my 1099-R income was received after i turned 59 and a half how do i break this income into before and after 59.5 years old?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

If a portion of my 1099-R income was received after i turned 59 and a half how do i break this income into before and after 59.5 years old?

A code U distribution is not subject to any early-distribution penalty, so there is no need to distinguish code U distributions made before age 59½ from those made after age 59½.  Simply enter the Form 1099-R as received.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

What is the code in box 7 of the From 1099-R provided by the payer?
Is the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box marked?

it is not checked
dmertz
Level 15

What is the code in box 7 of the From 1099-R provided by the payer?
dmertz
Level 15

A code U distribution is not subject to any early-distribution penalty, so there is no need to distinguish code U distributions made before age 59½ from those made after age 59½.  Simply enter the Form 1099-R as received.

Thanks for your help DMertz
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies