Carolyn-McKnight

What is RMD? I receive a monthly distribution from a former employer that is reported on my taxes every year?

maglib

RMD is a required minimum distribution.

You cannot keep retirement funds in your account indefinitely. You generally have to start taking withdrawals from your IRA, SIMPLE IRA, SEP IRA, or retirement plan account when you reach age 70½. Roth IRAs do not require withdrawals until after the death of the owner.

Your required minimum distribution is the minimum amount you must withdraw from your account each year.

• You can withdraw more than the minimum required amount.
  • Your withdrawals will be included in your taxable income except for any part that was taxed before (your basis) or that can be received tax-free (such as qualified distributions from designated Roth accounts).
**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post