1laybourne

What is a 1099? I was selected for review by CA state and they are asking me for this form for my wife and I since we filed jointly. This has never happened before.

macuser_22

What type of 1099 - there are about a dozen - 1099-R, 1099-DIV,1099-INT and many more.

JoannaB2

There are various kinds of income reported on 1099 form.  The following are income reported on 1099:

• Interest income reported on form 1099-INT.
  • Dividend income reported on form 1099-DIV.
  • Unemployment income is reported on form 1099-G.
  • Stocks sold are reported on form 1099-B
  • Self-employment income is reported on 1099-NEC.
  • Rent income, prizes, attorney fees, and other income are reported on 1099-MISC.

Of the income listed above, you may decide which one you need for your upcoming California review.