turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What did I do wrong? difficulty recognizing the data you are sending. Please try again. - 601ERRV:?, RT_10 - ?:? - SitePrepFee in RT doesn't match OPR total: 4000 vs 0

Thank you for sharing! Friday I had chose the refund advance. Funny thing is, I tried to change to direct deposit before I called TT, and it did not work. This morning I tried changing it to direct deposit again and yay, it worked. Now I need to cancel my H&R Block appointment!  I was looking forward to the refund advance but after this ordeal I am happy with finally being able to electronically file. 

What did I do wrong? difficulty recognizing the data you are sending. Please try again. - 601ERRV:?, RT_10 - ?:? - SitePrepFee in RT doesn't match OPR total: 4000 vs 0

It's the advance!!!! 

TT was clueless when I calle . I changed to direct deposit and it was through immediately 🤦🏼‍♀️

micheled

Thank you soo much! You saved me hours on the phone with IT.

elmeier

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I have been ripping my hair out all day trying to file this tax return. It sucks because we really were hoping to get the advance but I'd rather wait out the normal few weeks to get our return than have to wait months to file via snail mail. It's completely absurd they can't seem to figure this out but at least someone has. You are a godsend, LOL. Have a good one!

This is absolutely horrible! I will be reporting Turbo Tax to the BBB for falsely advertising refund advances and stealing loyal customers money! I paid the filing fees just to receive this error message over and over again. Yes, I can remove the advance and switch my refund method and pray I get the same luck as others have or I can just take my business elsewhere. The TT support are absolute idiots who have absolutely no training on how to maneuver through the site or app. I'm out $40 because I chose not to pay from my refund (which adds an additional $40 charge) and paid upfront. Something needs to be done about this because this is the definition of shady business practices. 

Someone else had already said how to fix this in the comments!!   They were right do not call customer service you will be very disappointed.  I simply changed how I get my refund instead of Advance or Turbo Card I did Direct Deposit.  Worked no problem do this before calling.  Thanks to the previous users comment!

I paid mine with a bank card so doesnt matter how you pay your fees.

Thank you so much this worked for me also!!!

cpherzog

I got this error.  I asked for direct deposit into a bank account and used a credit card to pay the fee. 

@cpherzog wrote:

I got this error.  I asked for direct deposit into a bank account and used a credit card to pay the fee. 

Read your error carefully and be sure it is the same as the topic of this thread, and not a similar appearing error I mention below.

This thread is about this error:

601ERRV:?, RT_10 - ?:? - SitePrepFee in RT doesn't match OPR total

This is an error some people got who either chose to pay fees out of their Federal refund  or chose a refund advance/Turbo Visa Debit Card.  (RT=refund transfer).

If you are in a foreign country, you might be getting this similar appearing error, which has a completely different solution, but also starts with the 601ERRV:

601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits

Please confirm which of those two is your error, or is it something else?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies