We arrived in Florida our new state of permanent residency on January 17th do we owe taxes on our entire pension even though all were paid after January 17?

Connecticut requires Special Accrual of income for part year residents and I was a resident of Connecticut for the first half of January until we moved to Florida. Does that mean I have to report all my pension and required minimum distribution 401K income as Connecticut Resident Period income (ie Column B on Schedule CT-1040AW") even though all the payments were received after Jan 17th.

No, the special accrual does not apply to retirement income.  There is a federal law that retirement income is only taxed in the state you are a resident of at the time you receive it, regardless of the source or where you worked.