turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

troybikes

Was there an issue with the 2016 Tax year returns? My wife's income was input in a field box for medical expenses, causing us to get a state return, owing over $2800.

Now we owe back taxes :(
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Was there an issue with the 2016 Tax year returns? My wife's income was input in a field box for medical expenses, causing us to get a state return, owing over $2800.

I haven't heard of any such, but we can't know all states in a community Forum 

(Annnnnnnnd you did not indicate what state was involved).

If you really want to check, you'd need to call TTX Customer support and ask.  Weekdays only 5am-5pm PACIFIC time:  You can get a phone number during those hours thru the FAQ below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Anonymous
Not applicable

and could you explain why you put your wife's income into a box for medical expenses.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies