jdmegvaughn

W2 section D lists IRA contributions for 2016. Do I also list these under the IRA Retirement section? This changes my refund amount so I want to make sure this is allowed

KenH1

If there is a code D in box 12 of your W2, that means that your retirement contributions have already been accounted for.  Make sure you enter this on the W2 screen.  Do not enter this in the IRA section if it's on your W2.

dmertz

jdmegvaughn, code D indicates that your contributions were to a 401(k), not an IRA.
KenH1

Correct, but I assume the poster meant 401k, given that there is a W2.
dmertz

My comment was directed at the poster.
jdmegvaughn

dmertz, Turbotax KenH was correct, I meant 401k.  Thanks for everyone's help.