• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdmegvaughn

W2 section D lists IRA contributions for 2016. Do I also list these under the IRA Retirement section? This changes my refund amount so I want to make sure this is allowed

5 Replies
KenH1

W2 section D lists IRA contributions for 2016. Do I also list these under the IRA Retirement section? This changes my refund amount so I want to make sure this is allowed

If there is a code D in box 12 of your W2, that means that your retirement contributions have already been accounted for.  Make sure you enter this on the W2 screen.  Do not enter this in the IRA section if it's on your W2.

dmertz
Level 15

jdmegvaughn, code D indicates that your contributions were to a 401(k), not an IRA.
KenH1

Correct, but I assume the poster meant 401k, given that there is a W2.
dmertz
Level 15

My comment was directed at the poster.
jdmegvaughn

dmertz, Turbotax KenH was correct, I meant 401k.  Thanks for everyone's help.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v