turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I sent my Virginia 763-S (including my DC tax return per the Turbotax instruction sheet). But I received a letter from VA asking for my W-2, 1099 and Schedule INC.

Why did the Turbotax instruction sheet not say anything about the W-2s or other required forms? I depend on Turbotax to tell me this stuff, otherwise why would I be paying this program? What can I do? Can I send a copy of the W-2 or does it need my original form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I sent my Virginia 763-S (including my DC tax return per the Turbotax instruction sheet). But I received a letter from VA asking for my W-2, 1099 and Schedule INC.

VA has been asking for paper copies of these. It may be that they have not received them (such as the W-2) from the employer, so cannot verify (for example) state taxes withheld.

Unless you have an extra (you should if you e-Filed), always send a photocopy. Do not send your taxpayer copy.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies