abbottg3

Turbotax says I exceded the "maximum contribution of $6,000" for my Roth IRA. However, the limit for military is $19,000. How do I get Turbotax to reflect that?

I also thought the contributions were reflected in the W2.  Am I supposed to leave the contributions blank if it already says in the W2?
MaryK1101

Yes, you contributed to a ROTH 401k if it was through your paycheck so remove the contribution for the IRA in TurboTax Deductions & Credits section.

dmertz

It's actually likely that it's the designated Roth account in the federal TSP rather than in a 401(k), but the answer is the same.  Neither a 401(k) nor the federal TSP is an IRA.  Enter amounts shown in box 12 of your W-2 only in box 12 of TurboTax's W-2 form, nowhere else in TurboTax.  Under Deductions & Credits, go back and remove the Roth IRA contribution that you did not actually make.