turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax reports $2,000 deductible for Retirement Payments on my Massachusetts State return. I did not contribute to a retirement account in 2015.

This seems incorrect. Did I incorrectly input something during my Federal return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax reports $2,000 deductible for Retirement Payments on my Massachusetts State return. I did not contribute to a retirement account in 2015.

A taxpayer may claim a deduction for the amount contributed in the taxable year to FICA (Social Security payroll tax)  or a Railroad Retirement Plan, or to a U.S. or Massachusetts Retirement fund up to $2,000. If married filing joint, each spouse may claim up to $2,000 of his or her own contributions. 

http://www.mass.gov/dor/individuals/filing-and-payment-information/guide-to-personal-income-tax/dedu...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

comment deleted. See answer.

A taxpayer may claim a deduction for the amount contributed in the taxable year to FICA (Social Security payroll tax)  or a Railroad Retirement Plan, or to a U.S. or Massachusetts Retirement fund up to $2,000. If married filing joint, each spouse may claim up to $2,000 of his or her own contributions. 

http://www.mass.gov/dor/individuals/filing-and-payment-information/guide-to-personal-income-tax/dedu...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies