June 6, 2019 8:04 AM
To enter your SEP contribution:
- Continue your return in TurboTax Self-Employed. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Tax Tools (lower left of your screen).
- Select Tools (under Tax Tools).
- In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
- In the I'm looking for: box, type sep.
- In the results box, scroll down and highlight sep accounts, then click GO.
- You'll land on Self-Employed Retirement Plans. Click Yes.
- Continue to follow the onscreen instructions. A few pages in, you'll be able to enter your SEP contributions. (Click the screenshot below to enlarge it for reference.)
Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function and the "Jump to" link (instead of "Tax Tools") to search for the topic.