turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax is forcing me to enter a 1099-NEC, my income is not this type, but the application is forcing me to enter before I can submit e-file.

it is requiring me to enter a Payer's EIN but this is not something I have.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Turbo tax is forcing me to enter a 1099-NEC, my income is not this type, but the application is forcing me to enter before I can submit e-file.

You need to remove the 1099-NEC entry if you do not have a 1099-NEC  Then you need to determine what type of income you do have and enter it in the correct place.  If you want to explain what the income is for and how you received it, we should be able to help you enter it correctly.

thanks! I went and switched it to 'uncommon income' and deleted the 1099-NEC. I entered all info, and still at the final review phase its asking for the payer's EIN on a 1099..

income is for massage therapy, I advent received any payments of $600 or more from a single client so I shouldn't need a 1099 form.

Select the option Other Self Employment Income.  Includes 1099-K, cash, and checks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies