turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax app is terrible it didn't find the most money for me after losing my whole life from a disaster and the pandemic including covid 19 and all the credit that turbo tax app found for me was $84

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Turbo tax app is terrible it didn't find the most money for me after losing my whole life from a disaster and the pandemic including covid 19 and all the credit that turbo tax app found for me was $84

The TurboTax software must follow the rules and regulations as dictated by the Internal Revenue Code of the United States for a 2019 federal tax return.  A personal casualty loss is not deductible on a federal tax return if the loss did not occur in a federally declared disaster area in 2019.

Any loss due to the pandemic or Covid 19 is not relevant on a 2019 tax return.

If you describe the type of loss you suffered in 2019 someone should be able to assist you in determining whether or not that loss would be deductible on your tax return.

If you can find another tax preparer who can legally get you a larger refund, then TurboTax will refund the fee you paid to TurboTax. You can file an amended return with another preparer to claim the extra refund you think you are entitled to.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies