dave6

TT Premier puts my social security # in all W2G's, so they don't agree with the forms since it was my wife who got the W2G's. It won't let me edit it. How do I fix it?

MichaelMc

In your TurboTax CD/download product, open your tax return.

In the Federal Taxes tab, Wages & Income section, select I'll choose what I work on.

On the Your 2018 Income Summary screen, scroll down to Other Common Income.

Click the Update button next to Gambling Winnings.

Delete each of the Forms W-2G that has incorrect information. (The spousal selection only appears on new entries, not edited forms.)

Now, enter each W-2G as if it was on original entry into your tax return.

The next screen you see will be Let's get your W-2G info? On that screen, you will see buttons to select your name, your wife's name, or Skip W-2G. Select your wife's name and her information will be pre-filled into the W-2G within your tax return.

04/06/2019 5:38 AM PDT

Edited for additional substantive instructions.

MichaelMc

Please see edited answer. First answer was posted while draft was incomplete.