Total distribution deceased husband's( DOD 11/23/18) retirement account received 12/18/18, Can I still deposit to a qualified account for 2018 year today?

Can I claim hardship or extenuating circumstances due to death that it was not completed in 60 days? 

You were required to transfer the amount into a qualified account within 60 days of the date of distribution in order for the lump-sum not to be taxable.

No exception for extenuating circumstances or hardship due to the death?  

Yes.  There are circumstances when the rollover period may be waived.  You will need to visit irs.gov and review the page entitled: Retirement Plans FAQs relating to Waivers of the 60-Day Rollover Requirement at

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/retirement-plans-faqs-relating-to-waivers-of-the-60-day-rollove...>.