Solved: Took a hardship withdrawal from 401K in 02/2017 to help family affected by hurricane Matthew. In TurboTax, I see reference of Harvey, Irma, & Maria but not Matthew.

Took a hardship withdrawal from 401K in 02/2017 to help family affected by hurricane Matthew. In TurboTax, I see reference of Harvey, Irma, & Maria but not Matthew.

At the end of the 1099-R form in TurboTac is see the following question "Was this distribution due to Hurricane Harvey, Irma, or Maria or the California Wildfires?"  When will Matthew be included?

TurboTax now supports the reporting of 2016 Qualified Disaster Distributions.  For your distribution to be a 2016 Qualified Disaster Distribution, you yourself must be the one who lived in a disaster area declared by the President and suffered an economic loss as a result.  Using the money to help another does not make you the one who sustained the economic loss as a result of the hurricane and your distribution would not be a Qualified Disaster Distribution.

.