This year I will be providing one person with a 10...

rmutrie

This year I will be providing one person with a 1099 statement. Do I have to also include a 1096 statement too???

The 1096 goes to the IRS, not the payee.  You will need to file one.  Some vendors that you can use to e-file a 1099 will issue the 1096 automatically, make sure you read the rules and instructions carefully. 

Quick Employer Forms FAQ are here,

https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/faq.htm 

If you use the Online Quick Employer Forms the 1096 is automatically filed electronically.  Ifyou use the Windows Home & Business program you have a choice.  If you use the built in W2/1099 Reporter you have to mail in the 1096 & 1099 to the IRS yourself.