This year I will be providing one person with a 10...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmutrie

This year I will be providing one person with a 1099 statement. Do I have to also include a 1096 statement too???

3 Replies
Opus 17
Level 15

This year I will be providing one person with a 1099 statement. Do I have to also include a 1096 statement too???

The 1096 goes to the IRS, not the payee.  You will need to file one.  Some vendors that you can use to e-file a 1099 will issue the 1096 automatically, make sure you read the rules and instructions carefully. 

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
Critter-3
Level 15

VolvoGirl
Level 15

Quick Employer Forms FAQ are here,

https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/faq.htm 

If you use the Online Quick Employer Forms the 1096 is automatically filed electronically.  Ifyou use the Windows Home & Business program you have a choice.  If you use the built in W2/1099 Reporter you have to mail in the 1096 & 1099 to the IRS yourself.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings