Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jvasilko1

The UC exclusion worksheet makes my income $0. So Turbo Tax says I can't file elctronically because my tax withheld is more than my income. Do I have to file by paper?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

The UC exclusion worksheet makes my income $0. So Turbo Tax says I can't file elctronically because my tax withheld is more than my income. Do I have to file by paper?

Not really, what you can do is to create a 1099-INT, as-if from your local bank...and put $1 of interest in it.

If you DO actually have a bank account, use that bank's name.  You may have actual interest from that bank.  They don't issue a 1099-INT if it was less than $10, but you should report the interest you received  if it is at least 50 cents.   But at least a $1 creates potentially-taxable income that allows you to e-file.

If you removed any $$ from an IRA, or other retirement account, make sure you enter that 1099-R too....and don't forget any W-2 forms you should have received...IF you were working a W-2 job before the shutdown.  Don't depend on the software "knowing" what income you have to enter.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies