Solved: The Smart Check thinks i need a 1099-R but I don't have any nor do I need to fill one out.

jaykk

The Smart Check thinks i need a 1099-R but I don't have any nor do I need to fill one out.

Seem's like a software bug at this point. I've gone back several times to Wages & Income and made sure no 1099-R forms were entered or selected.

jaykk

That fixed it! Thank you!!!

macuser_22

Did you transfer 2016 to 2017.   Maybe a 2016 1099-R transferred.   You appear to be using the desktop version.  Switch to the forms mode and see if there is  1099-R form in the forms list in the left side column.   If so, you can delete it if not needed.
JakeLee

same goes for this year, 2018 taxes. seems like bug is still there.
macuser_22

There is no bug.   The forms are supposed to carry forward unless the account was closed in the prior year, in which case the box 2b (total distribution)  should have been checked, then the form would be deleted.

Perhaps you had a total distribution last year and either the payer or you failed to check that box.
JakeLee

Since my 1099-R was a rollover, not-taxable, I deleted the form from TT and it fixed the issue.  Wish Intuit would investigate
JakeLee

I checked and the 2b box was checked. in MA state there was the issue looking for some other numbers that I tried putting in and overriding on the Fed.  That all failed.
jaykk

That fixed it! Thank you!!!