Solved: The IRS Has an incorrect amount for a 1099. However the company sent the correct amount. And my copy is correct. How do i get the IRS to recognize their mistake?

The IRS Has an incorrect amount for a 1099. However the company sent the correct amount. And my copy is correct. How do i get the IRS to recognize their mistake?

I had a 1099 for $750.00 and it was correct from the employer, but the IRS shows that 1099 amount as $75,000.00. How does this get correct? Since the employer sent the correct amount on the 1099 but the IRS input the wrong amount? 

May I assume that you have received a letter from the IRS telling you that they have recalculated your taxes and are asking for the tax due? If so, the agent who wrote you the letter is open to you sending back documents that prove that you filed correctly.

I assume you have a copy of the 1099-MISC? Or, if this was an employer, was it a W-2?

In any case, whatever form you think the IRS read incorrectly, send the IRS a copy as part of your reply. Also, make sure that the payer's (employer's) contact information is correct, in case the IRS wants to call the company to confirm.

Be calm and reply to the IRS, and it will be OK. But whatever you do, reply to the IRS in a timely manner.

Thanks! That helps. I’ll send them a copy of the 1099 I have!