Solved: The income is in box 3 of the 1099 misc. She was a tutor. She only makes $6000 a year. I want to use the free version only. Is this possible?

The income is in box 3 of the 1099 misc. She was a tutor. She only makes $6000 a year. I want to use the free version only. Is this possible?

If the amount is reported in Box 3 of the 1099-Misc, it is entered as other income on Line 21 of your tax return. You will not be able to use the free version, you may have to upgrade. For more information on our product guide , see here: TurboTax 2017 Online Product Guide

See the steps below to enter Box 3 income from 1099-Misc:

• Click the Federal Taxes tab ( Personal in the Home & Business version) 
  • Click Wages & Income. (Personal income in the H & B version)
  • Click "I'll choose what I work on."
  • On the screen "Your 2017 Income Summary," scroll all the way down to the last section, "Less Common Income."
  • Click the Start or Update button for the last topic, "Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C."
  • On the next screen, "Let's Work on Any Miscellaneous Income," scroll down and click the
  • Start or Update button for the last topic, "Other reportable income."
  • The next screen asks, "Did you receive any other taxable income." Click Yes.
  • On the next screen, "Other Taxable Income," enter a description and the amount. Click Continue.
  • On the next screen click Done.The income will be reported on Form 1040 line 21 with the description that you entered.

• Click "I'll choose what I work on."