turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

olivesoil

The amount of distribution from 1099 R is incorrect because I don't know how to say the the pension was rolled to the Gerber cu and then withdrawn

The amount was put into several IRA CD's which only part, was withdrawn so it has added the two amounts together which is wrong
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

The amount of distribution from 1099 R is incorrect because I don't know how to say the the pension was rolled to the Gerber cu and then withdrawn

The Form 1099-R must report the full amount of any distribution. How that distribution is treated will be determined by the code(s) in Box 7 and by how you enter the data into TurboTax.

The easiest way to get to the 1099-R entry screen is to simply search for 1099-R (upper- or lower-case, with or without the dash) in your TurboTax program and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.

Then answer Yes, click Continue, and follow the on-screen instructions to either import or type in your 1099-R form.

Watch for a screen that asks What did you do with the money from [custodian's name]? On that screen, select the option "I moved the money to another retirement account," then choose the appropriate option from the three choices. If you only rolled over part of the distribution, select the third option. Fill in the appropriate amount(s) in the boxes that appear, and click Continue

If taxes were withheld in Box 4, they will either be added to your refund or applied to your tax liability.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelMc

The Form 1099-R must report the full amount of any distribution. How that distribution is treated will be determined by the code(s) in Box 7 and by how you enter the data into TurboTax.

The easiest way to get to the 1099-R entry screen is to simply search for 1099-R (upper- or lower-case, with or without the dash) in your TurboTax program and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.

Then answer Yes, click Continue, and follow the on-screen instructions to either import or type in your 1099-R form.

Watch for a screen that asks What did you do with the money from [custodian's name]? On that screen, select the option "I moved the money to another retirement account," then choose the appropriate option from the three choices. If you only rolled over part of the distribution, select the third option. Fill in the appropriate amount(s) in the boxes that appear, and click Continue

If taxes were withheld in Box 4, they will either be added to your refund or applied to your tax liability.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies