resa-thiry

The 1099-C amount is not correct. Do I need to contact the bank? before filling them in my tax?

AnnetteB6

Yes.  If the information is not correct, you should attempt to get it corrected and a new Form 1099-C issued before you include it as part of your tax return.  If you cannot get it corrected before you file, then you can always submit an amended return later to make the correction.

@resa-thiry

resa-thiry

Thank you

I am now clear what needs to be done, I was told to fill out Form 982 but I can not find it through here to do the tax? Is this have to be hardcopy?

fanfare

answer the followup questions that come after 1099-C is entered, and TurboTax will generate that Form for you.

resa-thiry

HI,

Just to make sure I understand.  Just fill out the 1099C I have to the tax and then Turbo will generate?  I thought I was told to fill out the form other than the 1099C.  

I apprentice you answer to help.  Thanks

The program is interview based ... enter the 1099-C in the correct section and follow the screens to indicate the form 982 is to be used in this instance.  Trust the program to lead you thru the system.