`

Retirement Plan at Work

I am self-employed with a Simple IRA at work. No one contributes including me since I have to draw my RMD. My wife can still contribute to her IRA which is $ 6,500 but does not work. Turbo is asking me if either of us are covered by a retirement plan at work. " We're asking to decide if you're eligible for another tax break". So, my question is even though I can not contribute to the Simple plan, am I considered covered ?

Retirement Plan at Work

If you have a plan at work, even without participating in it, you are considered covered.

Retirement Plan at Work

Retirement Plan at Work

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Retirement Plan at Work

Unfortunately, that is how it works per the IRS rules. I am going to put this in the answer to close this out so someone else does not research this.

Retirement Plan at Work