turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdhuwalia

Social security payments are taxed. Turbo tax software does't have the form to use. Please help.

SSA sent me completed form ssa-1099. All the information can be used to figure out my taxed I owe. Trouble is that the form is not standard. WHich form shall I use to report the income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Social security payments are taxed. Turbo tax software does't have the form to use. Please help.

On the <<Federal<<<Wages&Income page, there is an SSA-1099 line that you go into and just enter the data from the data that the SSA sent to you.  The software will figure out how much ends up being taxed. 

It is NOT entered as a 1099-R, those are in their own separate section

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

On the <<Federal<<<Wages&Income page, there is an SSA-1099 line that you go into and just enter the data from the data that the SSA sent to you.  The software will figure out how much ends up being taxed. 

It is NOT entered as a 1099-R, those are in their own separate section

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies