Solved: Should my 2017 Federal Tax return contain any reference or numbers from the inputs from Forms 1098-T and 1099-Q? I input all info into TurboTax but view none on 1040A

Please-assist

Should my 2017 Federal Tax return contain any reference or numbers from the inputs from Forms 1098-T and 1099-Q? I input all info into TurboTax but view none on 1040A

All fields from 1098-T and 1099-Q were entered into TurboTax for a student return.  Turbotax prompted not free file forms and I paid $39.99 + $36.99.   2- page Federal 1040-A does not include any reference or input to these forms.  I deleted both forms and reentered but no change, still missing numbers and/or additional forms.   TurboTax, please reach out and assist.   Thank you.

KrisD

It is possible that the 1098-T and 1099-Q made no reportable entries to the 1040-A. You may want to post another question and provide more information for a clearer answer.  

If the student is a dependent, the person claiming the dependent's exemption (like the parent) files the 1098-T and applies for an education credit if eligible. 

If the earnings portion of the distribution of the education savings account (1099-Q) was used to pay for education expenses, those earnings are not taxable. If they are taxable, it is taxable to the student and reported as taxable income on the students return. Expenses cannot be used for both, a credit and also used against the distribution. 

CLICK HERE for TurboTax information on Education Credits

CLICK HERE for IRS Pub 970 Education Credits

KrisD