turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ahgden77

Should I list 2 1099-r separately? Will I chose rollover or cash out?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you should enter on the federal all 1099-R forms separately.

As for the question of "what did you do with the money", if you moved the amount to another retirement plan or traditional IRA within 60 days, then answer so - this makes the distribution a rollover.

But if you did not make the 60 limit or if you used the money for something else, then answer "I did something else with it".

If you put part of the distribution into a retirement plan or IRA and spent the rest, then answer "[name] moved the money to another retirement account (or returned it to the same retirement account)." TurboTax will now prompt you to indicate if you moved all or it to a retirement account or just some of it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you should enter on the federal all 1099-R forms separately.

As for the question of "what did you do with the money", if you moved the amount to another retirement plan or traditional IRA within 60 days, then answer so - this makes the distribution a rollover.

But if you did not make the 60 limit or if you used the money for something else, then answer "I did something else with it".

If you put part of the distribution into a retirement plan or IRA and spent the rest, then answer "[name] moved the money to another retirement account (or returned it to the same retirement account)." TurboTax will now prompt you to indicate if you moved all or it to a retirement account or just some of it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies