Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
jakegeler

Should I leave the box for Roth IRA contributions prior to 2016 blank or some other number?

Should I leave the box for Roth IRA contributions prior to 2016 blank or some other number if  I am 62 and converted a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA over 5 years ago and withdrew $2000 in 2016 and had not made any further contributions into the fund since it was opened?

PatriciaV

Yes, if you have made no further contributions to your Roth IRA since you converted from a traditional IRA, you would leave the "prior contributions" box blank. If you see an error later on review, you may need to go back and enter a zero.

PatriciaV