dlevans1955

Should I add in PA company contributions to my deferred compensation plan. Add Box #12 codes D and G and subtracted code C(PA Dept of Revenue) Is that correct?

Received a notice from PA Dept. of Revenue that my gross compensation is incorrect.  They contend that I need to add in W2 box #12 codes D and G and subtract code C.  Your software didn't do that.  This takes me from a refund to owing taxes.  

re2boys

Yes.  If you are a PA resident but worked out of state,  your employer may have applied the out of state rules for calculating your state income.  Many states will subtract certain benefits as nontaxable from your total income that PA does not allow.  Your PA taxable income should be very close to the box 5 Medicare wages.  They gave you specific instructions on how to adjust your federal wages to comply with PA law.

re2boys

re2boys

BTW, box12 code D is not the company's contribution to your 401K, it represents YOUR contribution to the 401K.(or other deferred contribution program).