Retired military with 1099R, Louisiana does not tax retired military pay. How do I enter pay so it does not calculate as income for the Louisiana tax?

You enter the 1099-R in the Federal section as you normally should do..

Then you step thru the followup pages until you see the one below...where you select the "Federal Retirement Benefits (Code 04E)" selection.

The LA distribution amount is NOT zero..it should be box 2a, or the federally taxable amount of box 1 if box 2a is empty.  It is that distribution amount that is subtracted from LA income...so don't make it a zero.