Solved: Retired but had working spouse, what is the allowible total income, before claiming social security benefits on tax return

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retired but had working spouse, what is the allowible total income, before claiming social security benefits on tax return

my wife worked up until march and then had a part time temp job. How much are we allowed to claim before having to claim my social security earnings for the year of 2016?
I am 66 years of age
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15
Level 15

Retired but had working spouse, what is the allowible total income, before claiming social security benefits on tax return

You have to enter your total Social Security income, as shown on your Form SSA-1099, no mater how much or how little your spouse earned. TurboTax will calculate how much, if any, of your Social Security is taxable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15
Level 15

You have to enter your total Social Security income, as shown on your Form SSA-1099, no mater how much or how little your spouse earned. TurboTax will calculate how much, if any, of your Social Security is taxable.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings