turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On form 1040, my pension info that should be on line 16a is being prefilled in line 7 even though I am entering the 1099R correctly. This problem happened last year.

On form 1040, my pension info that should be on line 16a is being prefilled in line 7 even though I am entering the 1099R correctly.  This same problem happened last year.  How can I fix that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

On form 1040, my pension info that should be on line 16a is being prefilled in line 7 even though I am entering the 1099R correctly. This problem happened last year.

Reporting on Form 1040 or Form 1040A line 7 is correct for distributions, usually under disability reported with code 3, made before the normal retirement date for your pension plan.  The line on which TurboTax places the distribution is determined by the answer you provide when TurboTax asks if the distribution was made before the normal retirement date for your plan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

what's your box 7 code number or letter...go check your form in the software...vs the paper form you received..
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
dmertz
Level 15

Reporting on Form 1040 or Form 1040A line 7 is correct for distributions, usually under disability reported with code 3, made before the normal retirement date for your pension plan.  The line on which TurboTax places the distribution is determined by the answer you provide when TurboTax asks if the distribution was made before the normal retirement date for your plan.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies