Reinvested annuity distributions

Are reinvested annuity distributions taxable?  I received a lump some distribution from an annuity that had matured.  I used 100% of the money to purchase another annuity at another company.  Do I have to report the distrubution since it was not actually income?

Reinvested annuity distributions

You should have received a 1099 R for the funds that were distributed. You need to include the 1099 R in your tax return. After you enter the 1099 R, you will be asked a series of questions and you can indicate that your rolled the distribution over to another annuity account.

A retirement account that is rolled over to another retirement account is reported as income on your 1040.  However, it is not reported as taxable income.

Reinvested annuity distributions