turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reinvested annuity distributions

Are reinvested annuity distributions taxable?  I received a lump some distribution from an annuity that had matured.  I used 100% of the money to purchase another annuity at another company.  Do I have to report the distrubution since it was not actually income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Fern

You should have received a 1099 R for the funds that were distributed. You need to include the 1099 R in your tax return. After you enter the 1099 R, you will be asked a series of questions and you can indicate that your rolled the distribution over to another annuity account.

A retirement account that is rolled over to another retirement account is reported as income on your 1040.  However, it is not reported as taxable income.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Fern

You should have received a 1099 R for the funds that were distributed. You need to include the 1099 R in your tax return. After you enter the 1099 R, you will be asked a series of questions and you can indicate that your rolled the distribution over to another annuity account.

A retirement account that is rolled over to another retirement account is reported as income on your 1040.  However, it is not reported as taxable income.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies