If you are being asked for a Federal ID for the Social Security benefits paid and reported on a SSA-1099, you are in the wrong section of the program to report the Social Security.
To enter Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button
Or enter social security benefits in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to social security benefits