turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why wasn't the correct amount taken out of my paychecks? I work for the public schools and this has not happened before.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why wasn't the correct amount taken out of my paychecks? I work for the public schools and this has not happened before.

That is an issue you have to take up with the payroll dept ... 2 years ago the tax rates changed so the withholdings were also reduced about March ... some people are just  feeling it this year.  You may need to adjust your W-4 withholding at work.

Review the 2018 side by side with the 2019 return ... did your income change ?  Did a credit get reduced ?  Did a child turn 17 ?  

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

At his point, you may wish to ask your employers. Meanwhile, I have included this W4 link for you to fill out and submit to your employer if you wish to have more withheld from your check. In this link are instructions and work sheets to help you make the right decision on how much to withhold. Completing this form is not mandatory  but merely a suggestion.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies