turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why didn't it ask me to fill out wages, federal income tax withheld, social security tax withheld, social security wages etc but its saying I filed my 2020 taxes already?

It never asked me to explicitly file the information from my 2020 W-2 form but its saying my taxes have been filed. Did I do something wrong or does it not need that information.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Why didn't it ask me to fill out wages, federal income tax withheld, social security tax withheld, social security wages etc but its saying I filed my 2020 taxes already?

You did it wrong.  ALL of your income has to be entered on your tax return.  Enter a W-2 in Federal>Wages & Income.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

How do I fix it?

As long as your wages from W-2 appear on 1040 Line 1, don't worry about it.

@amthurman69 Did you click the big orange button that said "Transmit my returns now?"

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies