turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What did I do wrong? difficulty recognizing the data you are sending. Please try again. - 601ERRV:?, RT_10 - ?:? - SitePrepFee in RT doesn't match OPR total: 4000 vs 0

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

What did I do wrong? difficulty recognizing the data you are sending. Please try again. - 601ERRV:?, RT_10 - ?:? - SitePrepFee in RT doesn't match OPR total: 4000 vs 0

Printing and mailing is not an option. I do not want to wait 2-3 months for my return.  I want to e-file my return. This error seems to be something that is wrong with the Turbo Tax site due to a section of the message says prepsitefee. I paid $80 which includes efiling my fed and state. Turbo tax should be able to help with this issue since I paid 80 bucks and have been a loyal customer since 2012. If I cannot get this issue resolved I guess I will have to pay someone else to get my 2019 taxes e-filed and will never use this site again. 

@Angelinamiller75 wrote:

Printing and mailing is not an option. I do not want to wait 2-3 months for my return.  I want to e-file my return. This error seems to be something that is wrong with the Turbo Tax site due to a section of the message says prepsitefee. I paid $80 which includes efiling my fed and state. Turbo tax should be able to help with this issue since I paid 80 bucks and have been a loyal customer since 2012. If I cannot get this issue resolved I guess I will have to pay someone else to get my 2019 taxes e-filed and will never use this site again. 

Contact TurboTax support for assistance

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

I’ve been experiencing the same error for two days now. Turbo Tax customer service is completely useless, they only direct you to the FAQ forum which I found with a simple Google search trying to troubleshoot the issue. I’d love a refund for my fees, I highly doubt this will happen.

I have been on the phone with Turbo Tax about 6 times. I tried to see if it would go through this morning and it did not go through. They had me do so many different thing to address this issue but nothing has worked. I am going to try tomorrow. If this issue still persists I will have to e-file with a different tax company and TT will loose a customer. I doubt this will affect them but I will feel validated to make sure everyone I know is warned about my experience with this company. 

I paid $80 which includes efiling my fed and state.   Error siteprepfee is this because there needs to be an additional charge?  If it is let me know I need to efile my taxes and not snail mail them. 

Sadly, TurboTax will not admit that they’re having IT issues. 
I didn’t pay to have my taxes prepared, to have to send them via snail mail. If I had known beforehand, that TurboTax was having issues transmitting returns, I would have paid a preparer that could e-file it.

TurboTax will not say what the error code means, but just continue to send links to the FAQ forum, or say to contact them directly. All of these things continue to run you in the same circle, with no resolution. 

Also, their Facebook “support” is completely useless. They first just send you links to the FAQ forum then ignore you.

@AimeeRay 

Try clearing the return and starting over to see if this error is removed so that you can e-file.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2019 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

I had phone time with a very nice lady from TT Saturday. The phone call went no where but she seemed to want to help. I also asked what that code meant and was never given an answer. I asked for a refund and was told that since I got as far as I did that I must be happy with their service. Ha ha!

I wish that could have been an option. I was prompted to pay before I could attempt to sign and electronically file. I have been left with printing and mailing my return as my only option. There goes the 80 plus tax I am out of because of TT not having there stuff together. 

After a whole day trying to submit my 2019 tax return I was getting that same error. I called customer service and they were not able to help me. Their final answer was I was going to have to mail out the copies of my tax return to the IRS. I was so devastated because I had an issue last year and I didn’t end up getting my tax return until August, which was very disappointing. I tried everything. I clear the cachet and cookies, I restarted my phone, I did it on the Internet, tried incognito.... nothing worked! Out of nowhere it click to me what if I can change how I wanted my refund back. I had it to where I can get a partial refund from TurboTax with a card that they send out. So, I was able to change it, did direct deposit instead and I thought, screw it! I’m going to submit it like this if it doesn’t work, I’m just going to mail it out. Well guess what, that worked! I don’t understand how TurboTax hasn’t figured that out if this issue has been happening for quite some time. So, if you have your refund set to TurboTax Visa, it’s not working and you’re getting that same error; switch it to direct deposit or maybe even a check, and that should do it for you! 

@ Rdavenpo25  

Thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Some users who initially chose to pay their fees out of their Federal refund have received this error notice.   TurboTax Support has a containment FAQ on this issue and a similar workaround:

FAQ:  601ERRV?   SitePrepFee in RT doesn't match OPR total

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/601errv-siteprepfee-in-rt-doesn-t-match-opr-total/...

stephd513

Thank you! I was getting frustrated and this worked, sucks because I was hoping for the advance but still better than their mailing it in idea to fix their error....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies