turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reason I can’t e-file my retire it say Duplicate Social Security Number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you are positive that you haven't already e-filed your return, and you are sure that you are not eligible to be claimed as a dependent by someone else, you may be a victim of identity theft. You will have to file a paper return instead of e-filing. You can also access IRS resources on identity theft here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Or did you sign up somewhere to get the Stimulus Check?  Like on the non-filers page?

YES!I Did use irs tool last  week, Now I'm getting the same error!what should I do?

Print and mail your tax return.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you are positive that you didn't already e-file your return on an earlier date (or did the non-filer stimulus registration) and you are sure that you are not eligible to be claimed as a dependent by someone else, you may be a victim of identity theft. You will have to file a paper return instead of e-filing. When you print your return for paper filing, also complete IRS Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit (PDF).  Use a fillable form at IRS.gov, print it, then attach the form to your return and mail your return according to instructions.

You can access IRS resources on identity theft here.

TurboTax also has resources on identity theft here.

@Sammie2429

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JB9ER
Returning Member

I owed, so at end I was rejected (did non filer prior). But i entered bank info, will irs take my payment on scheduled 15th?? Zero info or help from TurboTax on this! Cmon!! Want pmt to at least be taken from my acct like every year. Feel lile turbo screwed me this year!

No.  A rejected return did not go to the IRS, nor did anything you entered about paying go to the IRS.  TurboTax did not screw you.  That non-filer site had a warning at the top of the page that told you not to use it if you would be filing a return.  You ignored the warning and now you cannot e-file.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/stimulus-how-to-file-your-return-after-getting-rej...

If you have federal tax due you can pay by mailing your payment with the 1040V voucher, having the payment taken out of a designated bank account, or you can pay directly on the IRS website.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-payments/help/how-can-i-pay-my-federal-taxes/00/26212

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-payments/help/how-do-i-pay-my-irs-tax-due-with-a-check-or-mone...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JB9ER
Returning Member

Nah, read other posts. The message about filing non filer was NOT on the site at all until recently. Dont care...mailing it amd paying thru irs small business account thet way. Done with TurboTax because they couldve had SOME info on this insread of IMMEDIATELY directing is all to IDENTITY THEFT links. ZERO information turbotax had on this issue other than forum info. What I pay the 160 for is to efile amd pay all in one shot. NOT pay, than after be told I have to snail mail. Had I known beforehand I would’ve printed free forms and snail mailed as I HAVE TO NOW. HMMM, H&R had already built their software to accommodate for the non filer glitch. I paid $160 and even to talk to a person on phone I HAVE TO UPGRADE AGAIN??? RIPPED OFF!! Asking for refund since they didn’t do anything the pkg includes!!! SCAMMED!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies