turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My state (MA) tax review says "Returns with tax withheld on any form other than the following are not eligible for electronic filing: W-2, W-2G, 1099R, 1099-MISC" why?

Turbotax does not say what is triggering this warning. That is: it is saying the forms that would be ok, but obviously there is something in my taxes that is not ok, but it doesn't say what!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

My state (MA) tax review says "Returns with tax withheld on any form other than the following are not eligible for electronic filing: W-2, W-2G, 1099R, 1099-MISC" why?

You would need to direct your "Why" question to the state of Massachusetts.  You should review your return to see if you indicated you had some tax withholding on a form other than those listed.  If you did, determine whether it was a correct entry or inadvertent.  If the former, you will have to mail your MA return.  If the later, correct it and try to e-file again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

You would need to direct your "Why" question to the state of Massachusetts.  You should review your return to see if you indicated you had some tax withholding on a form other than those listed.  If you did, determine whether it was a correct entry or inadvertent.  If the former, you will have to mail your MA return.  If the later, correct it and try to e-file again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cas007
Returning Member

I am encountering the same issue with my Indiana state return.  Which leads me to think this is an Intuit problem and not a state problem.  I did not have any of the forms mentioned in the message.

cas007
Returning Member

Sorry I retract.  I am looking at the forms and I added taxes paid on internet purchases which do not show up on any form.  Therefore, the program is kicking it out.  I did not have this issue when I filed last year (at least I don't recall it).  Anyway, that is what happens when you are trying to be honest.  Most people will not even acknowledge their internet purchases.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies