turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

koleby

Last year taxes got help up because one of my previous employers had my social wrong on my w-2 I have the revised w-2 how do I submit new form to fix my return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Last year taxes got help up because one of my previous employers had my social wrong on my w-2 I have the revised w-2 how do I submit new form to fix my return.

Did you file your return without the correct W-2?  Or did you file your return with the wrong W-2? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
koleby

I filed with the incorrect w-2 and the return was put on hold until I could fix it. Since the IRS is not offering help over the phones right now I've been at a stand still.

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

You can always amend your return to fix this, but please keep in mind that the IRS is not processing amended or paper-filed returns right now due to COVID-19. Here's how to amend:

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents (you may need to select Show), select 2019 and then Amend (change) return.
    • If you only see the option to amend 2018 or earlier, it's because you can't amend an unfiled 2019 return. Instead, just select Pick up where you left off, make your changes, and disregard the rest of these instructions.
  3. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
  5. When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return, as amendments can't be e-filed.

@koleby

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies