turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

calall31

I’m on SSDI I have not had to file taxes in past 5 years due to low income, but to get the stimulus check they say you have to file taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I’m on SSDI I have not had to file taxes in past 5 years due to low income, but to get the stimulus check they say you have to file taxes

No, you will not need to file a tax return to receive the stimulus package if you receive SSDI . Please see Treasury Update on Social Security Recipients and the Stimulus Package  for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

but what will happen since i did file that form even though i didnt have too

i filed the form anyways and it is accepted will my stimulus be deposited befor next week

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Okay but they still didn't answer my question I've seen the website and read everything they answered my question is nowhere to be found although I am a non-filer and I did but I do have social security I filed on the 10th non filer form anyway does that mean I'm still going to wait till next week when they said the Social Security payment or they going to give me my payment earlier since I did file nowhere in any that answer is not anywhere to be found

Being so security and another person who was a non-filer but not on Social Security just check the IRS website to find out when we will get our check and it says no information is found on us however here on TurboTax we both did it on the test and it says it was accepted by the IRS why what's going on should I just go back on the IRS website and bring input the information

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Try this.  Go to https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments and enter the information as a non filer. According to the IRS and social security admin, if the only income you received in from Social Security, you should not have needed to file anything.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies